The service enables sending e-mails to Gdańsk Tech employees and students within their assigned accounts: employees in pg.edu.pl domain and students in student.pg.edu.pl domain. There are following functionalities offered:
- personal email accounts – automatically assigned to Gdańsk Tech students and employees during account activation on moja.pg.edu.pl. If needed, other accounts are activated (based on moja.pg.gda.pl) at the request of the head of the organizational unit.
- email aliases for personal accounts – assigned automatically to Gdańsk Tech doctoral students and employees in the form of firstname.lastname@example.org. An alias is an alternative email address that indicates an existing personal email account (it is not a separate (independent) account). If there are already people with the same name and surname, then the assigned alias address will be supplemented by a number (located directly by name). Aliases for other accounts are created at the request of the heads of organizational units.
- email aliases as an institutional addresses – created at the request of the heads of organizational units. It’s an e-mail address indicating the existing personal account (or several personal accounts), it is not a separate (independent) account. Aliases of this type are created for the needs of the university units, conferences, scientific circles, etc. E-mail addresses of an institutional nature are not created as separate e-mail accounts.
- mailing lists (distribution lists) – created at the request of the head of organizational unit. Mailing lists have their own e-mail address, not being separate accounts themselves. They allow you to collect multiple email addresses under one fixed address. Mail sent to the mailing list will be forwarded to all e-mail accounts assigned to that list. Sending an email to the mailing list is only possible for authorized users. If you want the list to be created or edited, you should remember to indicate the users who are authorised to have access to that list.
- shared folders – created at the request of the heads of organizational units. Folders have their own e-mail address, not being separate accounts themselves. They enable sharing the same e-mails (incoming and outgoing) by a group of users. Authorised users who use a shared folder can see exactly the same incoming, sent, marked as read or unread e-mails. Any changes made by one person, immediately synchronize within the same shared folder.
The service is available to Gdańsk Tech students, employees and associates.
How to get access?
Gdańsk Tech students and staff access through self-activated account at moja.pg.edu.pl. If needed, other accounts as well as additional aliases, mailing lists or shared folders are activated at the request of the head of the organizational unit.
Access Gdańsk Tech Mailbox:
- web interface www (in web browsers) at webmail.pg.edu.pl,
- from programs such as client e-mail application installed in operating systems. For the Windows systems free Mozilla Thunderbird is recommended.
Gdańsk Tech doctoral students, who haven’t obtained their alias at pg.edu.pl so far, can get it while re-activating their accounts on Moja PG (despite having their student account) – it is essential to use their existing password. In this case, the system will automatically allocate additional alias at pg.edu.pl domain.
Where to find user help?
You can contact the Helpdesk if needed. How to contact us see our page.