What issues can be reported to Helpdesk?
All questions and problems concerning IT services (described on list of available services) as well as any change requests in services should be submitted to the central contact point – GUT Helpdesk.
How to contact Helpdesk?
- By register form – mostly recommended form of contact: the user receives an individual register number to check the status of a reported case. You will find electronic register form on website.
- By e-mail – the user receives an individual register number to check the status of a reported case. If possible, please use an e-mail account from the GUT's domain, so the identity of the person contacting Helpdesk will initially be verified. Use firstname.lastname@example.org address to send your message.
- By phone number: +48 58 348 63 37. Helpdesk support is available Monday-Friday from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm, working days. We kindly remind you that it is not possible to make any changes related to password resetting, permission modifications, or any data modifications in the system etc. by phone as there is no possibility to verify the identity of a person calling.
- Personally – in the GUT Main Building, room 256C. Helpdesk is open Monday-Friday from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm, working days. We kindly remind you to take your identity card (ID) with you or any other document that can prove your identity as it may be necessary in certain cases, e.g. to activate your account or reset you password to My GUT system.
What are Helpdesk opening hours?
Helpdesk support is available Monday-Friday from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm, working days.
- on Monday-Friday from 3:30 pm to 9:00 pm, working days there is hotline available. The user can report unexpected service breakdown or failure*. Full Helpdesk support is not available at this time – read the notes below.
- on Saturday-Sunday (except for public holidays) from 7:30 am to 7:30 pm there is hotline available. The user can report unexpected service breakdown or failure*. Full Helpdesk suport is not available at this time – read the notes below.
During hotline duty the user can report unexpected service breakdown or failure*. That means full Helpdesk support is not available at this time. For example, Helpdesk does not support service requests related to problems with password resetting, logging problems, changes in IT systems, permission grants, minor faults or malfunctions, situations caused by a user’s misconduct etc. To report the above-mentioned problems please contact Helpdesk via e-mail – Helpdesk will proceed with your massage on the nearest working day.
A situation when the user is unable to log into a service or cannot make use of a chosen function due to, e.g. typing the wrong password or login, termination of the expiry date, termination of service permissions or lack of appropriate permissions possessed etc., is not a failure.
Having received the phone call, the Helpdesk staff on duty will perform necessary actions to determine if service failure has taken place.